I have recently had trouble connecting to Purdue's wifi network named PAL2.0 (which requires WPA Enterprise/TTLS/MSCHAPv2/PEAP). Purdue's technical support (ITAP) attempted to help me but was unsuccessful (it isn't their fault). I found my own fix and wanted to share it with others who may be having the same problem. Basically the problem was introduced by Apple with Mac OS X, update 10.5.8.
- Can't connect to PAL2.0 (sporadic)
- Repeatedly tries to perform MSCHAPv2 authentication, never gets IP address. I have captured a screencast demonstrating the problem.
- Macbook Pro (maybe other models? mine is a 2007 model) running OS X 10.5.8
- Revert to the wifi firmware to pre-10.5.8 version. I followed these instructions (proceed at your own risk)
- If you have the right model of mac (I did not), you may be able to apply this patch from Apple.